The Y is an organization that maintains an atmosphere that is conducive to family activities. The Y will not permit the use of obscene language or improper behavior in any activity.
- During open gym time full court games are permitted, unless, in the judgment of the Y staff, it is too crowded. ½ court games only will be allowed in crowded conditions.
- Hanging or climbing onto the basketball goals will result in payment for damages and suspension from the Y.
- Profanity and improper behavior is not permitted. The Y fosters an environment that is wholesome and conducive to families. Those not complying will be asked to leave.
- Proper athletic clothing only on the gym floor. Street shoes, bare feet, spiked, cleated or turf shoes are not allowed.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Expectoration on the flooring is not allowed.
- The use of soccer balls, volleyballs or kick balls are not allowed in the gym except during supervised Y programs.
Indoor Running/Walking Track
- Walkers and slow joggers should use the inside lane closest to the rail.
- Use care when passing
- Run/Walk in the direction indicated by the sign on the track.
- Children under age 6 are not allowed on the upstairs track at any time. Youth 6 – 10 must be accompanied by an adult when using the track
- Do not stop suddenly or stand on the track
- Do not use the track for stationary exercise.
- No food, gum or drinks on track at any time!
- The track cannot be used for observation.
- Only Y members may reserve a court
- Reservations can be made 24 hours in advance
- Eye guards are mandatory.
- Proper athletic footwear is required
Group Exercise Rooms
- Proper attire required. Please no jeans or cut-off in classes.
- No food or drinks (other than water) permitted.
- Spectators are not permitted in classes
- Children are not permitted in classes.
The back Wellness Center is for adults age 18 and over only. For youth rules in front Wellness Center please contact the Courtesy Counter or Wellness staff.
- It is strongly recommended that all members receive a comprehensive equipment orientation prior to using the exercise equipment.
- Please replace all weights to racks
- Music will be provided by the YMCA. Outside music is not permitted except personal headset devices.
- Please report all broken machinery to the staff so we can make quick repairs.
- Return all weight equipment, magazines, papers etc. to their proper place.
- Use appropriate language and volume.
- Wear appropriate workout attire. (Such as a t-shirt, athletic shoes, sweats, or shorts. No bathing suits, sandals, elastic suits and bands, jeans or other attire that is not safe, sanitary or appropriate).
- Keep drinking water in a closed container to help prevent spills. NO food, pop, coffee, or other drinks, please.
- Please keep coats, gym bags, and personal items in the locker rooms.
- Respect equipment by using in a correct manner and by lowering weights gently to help ensure their longevity.
- Do NOT drop the weights.
- Please keep equipment available to other members between your sets. (Do not rest on the equipment)
- Please wipe off equipment after use.
- Please clip your weights when using the bars.
- Please limit your cardio workout to 30 minutes when the room is busy.
- Channels on the televisions may be changed, however, please be courteous to other members. Television shows that are not in the best interest of everyone are not allowed. The Y has the right to change the channel if the show is deemed inappropriate.
- Personal training is prohibited except by Y staff for liability and professional reasons
Sauna and steamroom Rules
- The use of the sauna is limited to members age 18 or older.
- No shaving or other personal grooming permitted.
- The body requires gradual adjustment to the heat that the sauna maintains. Recommended time of stay in the sauna is three to eight minutes. Do not exceed ten minutes per sitting.
- Do not lay down in the sauna or steamroom.
- Those with high blood pressure, circulation problems or a heart condition should not use the sauna or steamroom.
- If you feel dizzy or light headed leave the room immediately and report your condition to the Y staff.
- Please do not take food or drinks in to the sauna or steamroom.
- Always wear a bathing suit in the sauna and steamroom.
- Please use a towel to sit on when in the sauna or steamroom.
- Please provide your own lock and be sure to lock your locker. All locks left overnight will be removed. The Y cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Some lockers are available for rental. Please contact the courtesy counter staff to reserve a locker.
- Children ages five (5) and over are not permitted in locker rooms designed for the opposite sex. We ask for your cooperation in respecting the feelings of others.
- No food or drink permitted in locker rooms.
Swimming Pool Rules
- Street clothing or shoes are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Proper swim wear only
- No running on the deck
- Jumping from the side of the pool is prohibited.
- Use of diving blocks is prohibited unless in a Y program.
- Use of Y equipment is only with the approval of the lifeguard
- No personal flotation devises allowed
- Swimmers must be tested before using the deep end of the pool.
- Profanity or improper behavior are prohibited.
- No Diving.
- The use of the hot tub is limited to members age 18 or older.
- The body requires gradual adjustment to the heat that the whirlpool maintains. Recommended time of stay in the whirlpool is three to eight minutes. Do not exceed ten minutes per sitting.
- Do not lay down in the hot tub.
- Those with high blood pressure, circulation problems or a heart condition should not use the hot tub.
- If you feel dizzy or light headed leave the hot tub immediately and report your condition to the YMCA staff.
- Please do not take food or drinks in to the hot tub.
- Watch your step when entering and exiting the hot tub.
- Please wear a bathing suit in the hot tub. Do not wear T-shirts, etc. because of potential damage to the filtration system.
- Children may only be left when parent is in the Y or participating in a Y program.
- Please, no food or drinks, except bottles. .
- Please do not bring your child to the childwatch if he/she is sick or contagious.
- No one is permitted in the childwatch except baby-sitters and parents/guardians picking up or dropping off children.
The Y will not be responsible for injuries or accidents while participating in Y programs or facilities. The possibility of certain unusual physiological changes during exercise does exist. These changes may include, but are not limited to, abnormal blood pressure and/or heart rate. If you should experience either of these, or if you should experience dizziness, nausea, a sharp pain in the joint, or any other unusual physical discomfort or abnormality, stop the exercise immediately and seek assistance. .
A physician’s examination is recommended for all participants prior to involvement in an exercise program.
Responsible members have more fun!