Personal Fitness Program
Our personal fitness program is designed to slowly introduce participants to all aspects of fitness. Members’ activities are tracked and regular participation is encouraged through staff support and accountability. New exercisers are appointed a fitness Counselor who teaches them the proper way to begin a program, watches their progress and adds and changes their exercise routine to best fit their needs. This one on one attention provides excellent support for the senior citizen person while they learn how to become a healthier individual in every way.
Wellness Centers Rules
The back Wellness Center is for adults age 18 and over only. For youth rules in front Wellness Center please contact the Courtesy Counter or Wellness staff.
It is strongly recommended that all members receive a comprehensive equipment orientation prior to using the exercise equipment.
- Please replace all weights to racks
- Music will be provided by the YMCA. Outside music is not permitted except personal headset devices.
- Please report all broken machinery to the staff so we can make quick repairs.
- Return all weight equipment, magazines, papers etc. to their proper place.
- Use appropriate language and volume.
- Wear appropriate workout attire. (Such as a t-shirt, athletic shoes, sweats, or shorts. No bathing suits, sandals, elastic suits and bands, jeans or other attire that is not safe, sanitary or appropriate).
- Keep drinking water in a closed container to help prevent spills. NO food, pop, coffee, or other drinks, please.
- Please keep coats, gym bags, and personal items in the locker rooms.
- Respect equipment by using in a correct manner and by lowering weights gently to help ensure their longevity.
- Do NOT drop the weights.
- Please keep equipment available to other members between your sets. (Do not rest on the equipment)
- Please wipe off equipment after use.
- Please clip your weights when using the bars.
- Please limit your cardio workout to 30 minutes when the room is busy.
- Channels on the televisions may be changed, however, please be courteous to other members. Television shows that are not in the best interest of everyone are not allowed. The Y has the right to change the channel if the show is deemed inappropriate.
- Personal training is prohibited except by Y staff for liability and professional reasons